Operations Officer, APHIAplus Western Kenya Project
Tracking Code 5154
Interested candidates must have the legal authority to work in Kenya
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that creates sustainable, culturally relevant solutions, enabling communities worldwide to break longstanding cycles of poor health. PATH’s mission is to improve the health of people around the world by advancing technologies, strengthening systems, and encouraging healthy behaviors. USAID awarded a comprehensive health service delivery project to PATH to improve the health of Kenyans in the western region of the country.
The project, APHIAplus Western Kenya, builds upon USAID/Kenya’s country-wide health service support project known as the AIDS, Population and Health Integrated Assistance II (APHIA II). PATH and its partners are implementing the APHIAplus project in Western and Nyanza Provinces from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2015. It is working w closely with the Government of Kenya and a wide variety of non-government agencies to strengthen health care services throughout the two provinces.
In addition to addressing specific diseases, the APHIAplus Western Kenya project works to strengthen the region’s health care system by rehabilitating health facilities, training staff, and supporting supply and communication networks.
PATH seeks to recruit one Operations Officer to serve as key members of the APHIAplus Zone 1 project’s administration and finance team. They will be responsible for functions in the Kisumu offices associated with property management including IT, equipment and transportation.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all office facilities, equipment, vehicles, housekeeping services, improvements, repairs for county offices in Kisumu, Homabay,Migori and Kisii.
- Oversee the leases and subleases in the respective offices.
- In-charge of vehicle, motor cycles and motor boats use, including coordination of daily drivers and coxswains duties.
- Oversee maintenance and mileage log books for all of the above transport means.
- Support the IS Officer to oversee hardware maintenance.
- Manage the APHIAplus inventory assets in designated offices. Ensure that the master database inventory is updated.
- Coordinates duties and activities of Drivers, Office Assistant, office support staff and Receptionist.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in teams as a team member, player and leader and supervise team members.
- Ability to plan and work independently and make decisions without close supervision.
- Organized, accurate, efficient and capable of thoroughly handling detailed work assignments.
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office computer packages.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, office management, social sciences or related area.
- Two years experience working for a national or international NGO in an administrative capacity .
- Proven experience in managing a variety of office functions including procurement, management of property, equipment, vehicle fleet, information technology, insurance and security issues.
Job Location: Other, Kenya
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
The deadline is 22 June 2012 and application is online at www.path.org