Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public.
Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television Services.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with a result-oriented, dynamic and self-driven professional to achieve its corporate objectives;
Radio Programmes Manager
Overall purpose for the Job:
- Planning, development, directing and controlling strategies and processes for Radio Department in line with Radio market dynamics and KBC Corporate strategies, targets, obligations, regulations and approved procedures.
- Setting departmental goals, policies, strategies, performance targets and work plans for the department in line with Corporate strategic plan, Board and management resolutions and other public interest, commercial and listener strategic considerations
- Interpreting and enforcing corporate goals and strategies within the department
- Principal accounting and advising officer on all Radio matters within the department and the organization
- Principal custodian of Radio airtime, content, talents, audio facilities and equipment
- Participates in budget preparation for radio station by estimating equipment needs, new technologies and evaluating current programs
- Formulating and approving all Radio programs and Radio station strategic plans
- Evaluating and approving the duty allocation, rosters and delegation of the work plans for the Radio station
- Processing all approvals for departmental requests, applications, imprests, procurement and payments within the department and with other departments and stakeholders
- Channeling incoming and out-bound Radio services communication and tasks
- Vetting and approving Radio services concepts, proposals, pilots based on budget projections, value, relevance of idea, conformity to editorial policy, station style and availability of required resources
- Evaluating materials prior to broadcast for accuracy, quality and adherence to Corporation guidelines ensuring quality control of broadcast material
- Monitoring broadcast traffic and logging activities and make improvements when necessary to enhance programming format
- Scheduling local and national programs, promotional material and public service announcements
- Previewing and screening local, regional, national and international program sources for possible station use and participate in purchase of programs
- Analyzing the programming needs of the listening public and create program to serve needs
- Principal recruiting and deploying of Radio personnel in liaison with HR department
- Developing the skills and competencies of the Radio personnel in liaison with the HR department to be up to date with the new technologies
- At least a Bachelors Degree and a Diploma in Mass Communication with specialization in Radio production and any other relevant degree. A Master Degree in Mass Communication will be added advantage.
- 3 years track record of Broadcast Media Management training.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in Broadcast Media Management preferably Radio services in a recognized broadcast media organization.
- Conversant with contemporary and future trends and dynamics of broadcast media industry.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may send their applications stating their current remuneration and enclosing detailed CVs, copies of certificates and testimonials, names of three referees, day time telephone contacts, so as to reach the undersigned on or before 27th July, 2012.
Those who had applied earlier need not reapply.
The Managing Director
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
P.O. Box 30456 - 00100
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer.