1) Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
2) Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
3) Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
4) Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
5) Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
6) Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric system
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Progressive responsibility with 5 years electrical experience;
- OR, Completion an approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two (2) years electrical experience;
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.