Position: WASH Project Coordinator
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action
Location: Somalia Putland
Job term: Permanent/Full-time
Polish Humanitarian Action is a non-governmental organization established on 1994.
We concentrate mainly on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war or natural disasters. Our interventions (of both humanitarian and development character) have been carried out in 43 countries till now. They are mainly focusing on the WASH, Food Security and Educational sector.
The most important strategic objective of our organization is to combat poverty by ensuring the observance of inalienable human rights. We act for the right of access to water and sanitation, right of access to education, right of access to food, right to live in decent conditions, right to protection of life and health during natural disasters and armed conflicts.
For more information please refer to www.pah.org.pl
General job description:
Responsible for efficient, effective, and successful implementation of all project activities according to agreed work plans, including:
- monitoring, evaluating and reporting
- financial coordination
- administrative coordination
- local staff management
- representing the organization before local authorities, international donor agencies etc.
- University degree (esp. in WatSan or Engineering will be an asset)
- At least 2 years previous work experience in a development, emergency or post-conflict setting in WatSan interventions
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Experience in representing the organization before local authorities as well as international donor agencies
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
- Driving license