Job: Communication Specialist, Kenya
Employer: Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya
Closing Date: Monday, 17 October 2011
Employer: Centre for Health Solutions - Kenya
Grants and Development Manager Overall job function Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the communications specialist should strive to effectively communicate the organization's mission, vision, goals and program outputs/outcomes to donors, stakeholders, government, interested parties and general public through print and electronic media. The communications specialist should ensure reliable processes that enable consistent documentation of organizational work. Key responsibilities
- Oversee the development of work plans for the communications unit o Undertake to monitor, report and evaluate progress activities within the unit
o Implement branding guidelines, marketing strategy and communication strategy for the organization o Oversee the branding of materials for the organizations o Ensure consistent visibility of CHS brand at online forums through the website and social marketing o Support staff to ensure that CHS organized/funded activities are appropriately branded o Regularly develop and update content to the www.chskenya.org website
- Documentation o Develop, avail and ensure adhere to standard templates for various program functions o In close consultation with regional coordinators, program officers and M&E officers, document CHS activities and best practices o Oversee the production of media products such as documentaries, newsletters, newspaper articles and other publications
- Knowledge management o Collate and disseminate resource/reference materials to increase the knowledge base of staff o Develop and maintain a knowledge hub (resource centre) for the organization o Maintain organizational memory through an archival system for organizational work
- Communications solutions o Deploy tools, techniques and solutions that enable streamlined, cost effective and reliable communication across the organization
- Capacity development o Provide training for staff to enhance their communicative abilities and proficiency of deployed solutions o Provide Technical Assistance to staff in the course of developing materials for various audiences e.g. conference abstracts, stakeholder presentations etc
o Develop and oversee the implementation of a CSR agenda for the organization
- Any other duties as may be so assigned by the supervisor
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, social sciences with equivalent professional work experience.
- Five years progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media, at national or international level.
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate, synthesize and simplify technical information particularly those related to health communication
- Strong writing skills especially writing press releases and articles/stories for traditional and electronic media
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with media representatives, government officials and other partners
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills as well as ability to work as part of a team.
Qualified candidates should send their application cover letter indicating their salary expectations and current CV with three professional referees to the Finance and Administration Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th October 2011.
Please indicate the title and Reference number of the position applied for in the subject line of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. CHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all who are qualified for the above positions.