Employer: Centre for Health Solutions
Job: Data Manager
Reporting to: M&E Advisor
Overall Job Function:
The successful applicant will provide technical support for developing a centralized computer-based record keeping/HMIS system to manage facility/patient information from CHS supported facilities; mentor CHS staff and facility staff on the use of the system for effective and timely update of the system. Start-up and implement computerization in new sites identified by the M&E Advisor and provide oversight for successful data management.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- To support computer application/database development that will ensure management, organization, storage and easy access of information from care and treatment sites supported by CHS
- To support collection, cleaning and data entry
- To track and manage the flow of facility level/patient and other data to and from CHS supported facilities
- To ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency of the data so that it meets standards of quality expected for reporting
- To supervise installation of the system into computers at sites
- To conduct database audits according to SOPs
- To monitor the performance of the database and improve its tools and services effectiveness
- To perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer studies, statistics, epidemiology or mathematics
- At least 2 years relevant experience and advance skills in MS Access application development & programming skills; EpiInfo, SPSS; Data quality assurance; MS Office
- Familiarity with database management system and principles
- Familiarity with data coding of SOP and coding dictionaries
- Excellent data management and computer programming skills using Visual Basic/SQL
Qualified candidates should send their application cover letter indicating their salary expectations and current CV with three professional referees to the Finance and Administration Director, at email@example.com by 17th October 2011.
Please indicate the title and Reference number of the position applied for in the subject line of the mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. CHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all who are qualified for the above positions.