UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. VA-023/2012
Post Title: Programme Officer (Recovery Coordinator)
Post Grade: NOB
Duty Station: Nairobi
Date of issue: 18.06.2012
Contract type: Fixed Term (FT)
Closing date: 01.07.2012
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan nationals only.
Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the programme support coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties;
- Coordinate the Programme Recovery/livelihood unit;
- In conjunction with programme unit devise a strategy for Recovery and Livelihood activities in Somalia;
- Implement Recovery and Livelihood activities with the strategic framework of WFP and the Somalia Programme;
- Provide technical support to the Area Offices on the livelihood and implementation of Recovery activities;
- Ensure training materials and guidelines are kept up to date and in line with country office strategic plan and activities;
- In consultation with the Recovery focal point, organize for SO and CP Food for Assets (FFA)/Food for Training (FFT)/ Emergency School Feeding (ESF) focal points trainings;
- Participate in the review of M & E tools and CP reporting formats for FFA (training)/ESF activities;
- Participate in regular support and supervision at project sites to monitor progress and challenges faced;
- Participate in the mid-term review and evaluation of projects as necessary;
- Assist in the follow-up of project completion reports, analysis and compile reports;
- Maintain an up-to-date database for recovery and livelihood projects;
- Follow up with the Area Offices for update on the ESFP and FFA/T work plan indicator;
- Take part in the internal review of project documents;
- Represent WFP on UNSAS and contribute to development of UNSAS documents;
- Perform any other tasks related to livelihood and recovery activities.
Education: University degree with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, Agriculture, International Affairs, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or a field relevant to international livelihood assistance.
Experience: At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in commerce, business administration, development or food aid support.
Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and systems. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Fluency in the Somali language will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to Somalia.Hr@wfp.org
Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location of preference;
Hand delivered applications will no longer be accepted;
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.