East African Community
Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens of East Africa
(Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania) for the following Project funded position at the East African Community Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Project Officer (EAC/IRCC)
(1 Post) - (REF: EAC/IRCC/41)
Salary Grade: Consolidated salary at P1 EAC Staff Grade equivalent
Department: Resource Mobilization
Reports to: Principal Resource Mobilization Officer
Duration of Contract: 18 Months
Station: EAC Headquarters – Arusha, Tanzania
Main purpose of the Job
The Project Officer will handle all operational responsibilities of the EAC component of the Inter Regional Coordinating Committee (IRCC) Project.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Design and develop comprehensive activity and results based annual work plan
- Manage and coordinate activities of the Fund efficiently and effectively
- Ensure smooth implementation of activities
- Attending to implementing Officers’ queries regarding projects
- Collect and document relevant information for the monitoring and evaluation object
- Prepare timely quarterly, bi-annual and annual implementation reports
- Liaison with IRCC Secretariat in Lusaka, Zambia
- Compiling of all proposals submitted
- Preparation of documents, coordination and facilitation of meetings and related workshops
- Writing reports / minutes of the meetings and workshops
- Preparation of background documents
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, in Project management, business administration, communication, accounting or any other related field, with relevant working experience of not less than 5 years preferably with a donor funded project at a regional/international level.
- Knowledge and working experience with EU procedures will be an added advantage.
Competencies and Skills
Applicants should be proficient in various computer packages, have good interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player, have ability to work in a multicultural environment, ability to work under pressure, and ability to work with minimum supervision
Terms and Conditions of Service
- This is a project position funded under the EAC/IRCC programme.
- The position is non-established, and the contract terms are limited to the period of the project, but may be renewed subject to extension of the project funding and a satisfactory performance evaluation.
- The recruitment for this position will be subjected to the EAC Quota system.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the reference number of the position applied for by registered mail, courier service, e-mail (all soft copies should be in MS. Word) or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time tele/cell phone contacts to:
The Secretary General
East African Community
P.O. Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Fax No: 007 27 2502455/2504481
to be received not later than Friday15th June 2012.
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.