Position: Senior Institutional Strengthening Advisor (re-advertisement)
Platform: Pact Programs
Supervised By: Country Director
Supervises: None initially, but potentially a small team as portfolio expands
Work Schedule: Fulltime: Pact (Kenya country office) regular work hours
Benefits: In accordance with country office policies
Position Summary: The Senior Institutional Strengthening Advisor will provide high-quality technical assistance to Pact’s institutional strengthening initiatives in Kenya.
The Senior IS Advisor will also be responsible for developing, implementing and documenting institutional strengthening methodologies and approaches, and for training other staff in the same.
In addition, the Senior IS Advisor will be expected to remain up-to-date with the state of the art in African capacity development and may be asked to fulfill regional needs.
The CD Advisor will report to the Country Director, Pact, Inc. Kenya with additional guidance and direction from the Global Director for Capacity Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Technical Assistance to projects in Capacity Development Activities
- Lead technical assistance to the FANIKISHA Program in the areas of institutional strengthening and advocacy capacity development.
- Support institutional strengthening activities of KCSSP, PEACE II and other Pact, Inc. Kenya projects as requested.
- Support in the design of new projects focusing on institutional strengthening and capacity development
- Enable the implementation, mentoring and monitoring of Pact’s global standards for capacity development programming.
- Lead technical writing for new business development related to institutional strengthening and capacity development.
- Document capacity development approaches and methodologies used by Pact, Inc. Kenya.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director, Pact, Inc. Kenya.
- Collaborate with Pact’s technical experts to design, deliver and document high-quality, demand driven technical assistance to Pact programs.
- Develop and implement trainings, workshops, participatory design processes and consultancies in institutional strengthening for both public and private entities.
- Collaboratively develop and maintain relationships on behalf of Pact’s Global Capacity Development Team with a priority on partnerships important to Pact global, regions and field offices.
- At least 10 years’ experience with USAID funded programs focused on strengthening the capacity of civil society or government institutions in Kenya. Additional regional experience an advantage.
- Experience with and deep understanding of USAID’s grant-making processes with local organizations.
- Significant experience applying mainstream institutional strengthening approaches such as Organizational Capacity Assessment, Institutional Strengthening Planning, Strategic Planning, Training of Trainers, etc.
- Strong facilitation and mentoring skills, and evidence of their application.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work, up to 50% of the time, in any of the regions in which Pact is operational.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Kiswahili an advantage.
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor and/or Pact, Inc. Kenya.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment at Pact, Inc. Kenya is a voluntary “at will” relationship.
This job description may change from time to time.
Deadline for submission is Friday 13th July, 2012.
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Senior Institutional Strengthening Advisor 2012 in the subject field.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.