Group Procurement Manager - Finlays Kenya
Finlays is a vertically integrated and geographically diversified agri-business that takes a leadership role in sustainability.
The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products.
Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for. Finlays is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing over 22,000 people and annually exporting over 300 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea extract.
The organization is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt. Kenya and Mombasa and works with 1,200 vegetable out growers and 10,000 tea out growers.
Based in Nairobi, but with frequent travel to Kericho, Naivasha, Mt Kenya and periodically Mombasa.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Group Procurement Manager will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of the group’s procurement activities for the combined operations of the Kenya group, upholding and enhancing policy, controls, procedures, systems and reporting.
Kenya’s 5 divisions are managed through a matrix structure and the jobholder will be required to support operating units with due regard to multiple management structures, providing sound business leadership with timely proactive decision making and advice.
- Providing management and leadership to the procurement teams within the organization, managing their performance, motivating, coaching and training them accordingly;
- Guiding procurement practices so as to achieve leverage from group convergence, international sourcing and overall value for money;
- Driving inventory and procurement systems development through ERP systems to meet the demanding needs of the organization;
- Implementing a “Just in Time” procurement and inventory control system to optimize working capital;
- Liaising closely with department heads to plan procurement and inventory requirements;
- Representing the group in administering tendering procedures, negotiating contracts and monitoring suppliers compliance;
- Building value managed relationships with suppliers to maintain high service levels and achieve world class performance with reference to quality, delivery and pricing;
- Specific projects as requested or self initiated, particularly focusing on sustainable solutions.
Experience, Background and Qualities
- A self starter with high enthusiasm and an ability to engender support and respect from a broad and diverse base of management.
Excellent relationship management skills required;
- A Bachelors degree in Business Management or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years senior management experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management;
- Experience in developing inventory and procurement systems within an ERP environment would be a distinct advantage;
- A good understanding of contract law and financial management;
- A demonstrated ability to identify the needs, develop the models and implement programs surrounding procurement requirements within an organization;
- Proven contract negotiation skills and high commercial acumen;
- High level of integrity.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to the Human Resources Director, P. O. Box 10222, Nairobi 00400, Email: Hrd.Kenya@finlays.net to reach not later than 3rd August 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.