Tata Chemicals Magadi Limited (TCML) occupies a significant place in the African economy.
It is Africa’s largest soda ash manufacturer and one of Kenya’s leading exporters.
TCML wishes to recruit the following position based at our site in Magadi:
Overall Job Purpose
This position reports to the Manager in charge of Business Excellence, SHE and Quality and is responsible for minimizing risks and hazards in the workplace,
- Prevent accidents and incidents as well as injuries to workers.
- Improve preparedness to emergencies and disaster management.
- Ensure compliance to national legislation (safety act).
- Managing the safety committee to fulfill their statutory mandate.
- Provide SHE improvement proposals.
- Audit work being performed with ''Safe Work Permit”
- Assist with the implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations;5. Assist in the preparation and presentation of S(HE) meetings;
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses; review and analyse accidents and near miss incidents, making corrective action recommendations.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency.
- Ensures that operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive S(HE) inductions for field operations;
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Sciences or related
- Qualified in implementation of EMS and OHSAS
- Trainer/facilitation certification
- Strong communication and advocacy skills
- Excellent analytical skills, facilitation/training skills
- Good report writing, planning and organisation skills
- 3 years work experience in a similar role
How to apply
Applications for the position are strictly online; please access applications at: www.tatachemicals.com/magadi then Select Life@Tata Chemicals and then vacancies
NB: Please note that hardcopy applications shall not be considered.
For any questions on online applications, please contact the Human Resources office.
Applications must be submitted on the prescribed application form through the above link so as to reach the Director of Human Resources by 1630hours on 12th September 2012.
Interested candidates should submit applications through ‘post your resume’ on the site to reach us on or before 12th September 2012.