Vacancy: Area Business Partner
Job Ref: HR-ABP-03-2015
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in Print, Broadcast and Digital media. It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
We are seeking to recruit experienced and self-motivated individuals to the position of Area Business Partner in our Circulation and Distribution department.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Area Business Partner will be responsible for maximizing newspaper sales, accurately setting orders, ensuring close customer contact and feedback from the distribution area as well as managing distribution bulks.
- Achieving revenue and volume budgets;
- Managing returns/unsold copies within acceptable levels.
- Organizing and driving the circulation operations through field sales visits to vendors and agents in order to maximize on opportunities for copy sales;
- Ensuring efficient management of the value chain, route-to-market and bulk offices;
- Resolving various distribution problems on the ground, identifying potential sales outlets and liaising with NCD for correct deliveries and route optimization;
- Reviewing weekly payments with the distributor and other clients within the area of jurisdiction, collecting payment cheques on due dates and ensuring the cheques reach the Circulation Accountant on the agreed dates and time and that no debt is accrued at all times;
- Organizing client relationship programs in liaison with the Commercial Manager and/or Regional Team Leaders with the distributor, agents and vendors;
- Managing and coordinating the Sales and Distribution Assistants (SDAs), Sales Assistants (SAs) and Merchandisers.
- Delivering new opportunities through Vendors, Agents, Distributors and Corporates.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or a business related field;
- At least 2 years’ experience in FMCG environment;
- Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrable passion for sales and marketing.
- Understanding of the dynamics and complexity of print sales and circulation;
- People management skills.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online athttp://careers.nationmedia.com on or before 26th March, 2015.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.