ACCA is the global body for professional accountants. ACCA's mission is to provide quality professional opportunities to people of ability and application, to be a leader in the development of the global accountancy profession, to promote the highest ethical and governance standards and to work in the public interest.
ACCA supports 140,000 members and 404,000 students throughout their careers, providing services through a network of 82 offices and centres. ACCA has four regions globally: Asia-Pacific; Middle East, North Africa, South Asia (MENASA); Sub-Saharan Africa; and Europe & Americas.
Managing the investment needs of ACCA’s emerging markets portfolio is critical to ACCA’s overall market development strategy. Two emerging markets directorates, one covering Asia and the other covering Europe, Americas, Middle East and Africa are responsible for all of these emerging markets.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Emerging Markets – Africa to implement and manage delivery of the strategic objectives and performance of ACCA’s emerging markets for the region. Supporting the Director of Emerging Markets, based in London, you will develop and implement plans to achieve the strategy for key emerging markets across the region, as well as continue to identify priorities for the investment portfolio.
Background and experience required:
- educated to at least degree but preferably to post graduate or professional qualification
- an understanding or background in the accountancy profession in one or more African markets
- experience of working with donor agencies e.g. World Bank would be desirable
- a track record of implementing new business initiatives within a complex multinational organisation
- strong communication, presentation and influencing skills with the ability to engage and energise people at all levels
- previous experience of engaging with the media, both print and tv/radio would be advantageous
- ability to work autonomously with a results orientated approach
- experience of managing operational budgets desirable
- excellent approach to team working and an open management style
- fluent written and spoken English language capabilities are essential. French would be an added bonus
- willingness to travel extensively for periods of up to one month at a time in Africa and on occasion internationally
Please forward a copy of your CV and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Head of Emerging Markets – Africa’ in the subject line. A full job description and person specification is also available via this email address. The closing date for applications is, Friday 4 February 2011. Applications received after this date will not be considered.