Closing Date: Thursday, 06 October 2011
The Consultancy: IDLO seeks a project driver/clerk who is self-driven, interested in self improvement and in learning basic office and project support skills.
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Field Program Manager, the driver/clerk will perform the following duties:
- Drive authorized personnel as directed.
- Deliver, collect mail, documents and other items as instructed
- Meet and escort senior IDLO officials and consultants to and from the airport as instructed.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and proper working condition;
- Maintain a daily Log for official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc;
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Perform clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filling, photocopying, deliveries etc; as required;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of Secondary School Education (O Level or A level certificate), valid and clean driving license with safe driving record, basic knowledge of mechanics; and good knowledge of Nairobi, and surrounding environs.
- Four years' work experience as a driver working with either the UN, Inter-Governmental organizations, international NGOs, Governmental agency or NGO
- Evidence of computer literacy or clerical experience will be an added advantage
Period of Assignment The initial contract will be for twelve months, with the possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funds. The successful candidate should be prepared to commence in October, 2011.
How to Apply IDLO is Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Please send your application consisting of a cover letter and CV via e mail to: The Field Program Manager, IDLO Field Program Office Nairobi; E mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org; So as to reach us on or before the 6th of October, 2011.