World Vision International Somalia Program, an international Christian Relief and Development organization, working to promote the wellbeing of all people – especially children, wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented candidates to fill the following vacancies in the organization.
IT Officer – Customer Support
To provide effective customer service delivery to support World Vision Somalia’s mission, goals and objectives in serving communities throughout Somalia, through the application of ICT to provide efficient communication, information and data analysis.
- Deployment of client applications to users
- Maintenance and repair of IT equipment both at National Office and field offices
- Updating and Maintaining of the IT assets database for the ICT equipment purchased, surrendered for repair and those retuned by users.
- Logging of support calls
- Support Service Level Agreements to ensure that they are achieved and maintained
- Provide training and reference manuals to staff to ensure staff are well equipped to handle changing ICT technologies.
- Ms Office, Lotus Notes, PMIS, wvcentral, Ourpeople and Sunsystem
- Liaise with the ICT Manager on decisions relating to the strategic use and implementation of ICT infrastructure and ICT4D initiatives.
- Make recommendations on the acquisition of new technologies for the National Office and field sites and the deployment of existing ones.
- In collaboration with ICT Manager, supervise ICT contractors to ensure ICT projects are done professionally and completed within schedule.
- Enforce telecommunications/security policies and standards as outlined in the WVS ICT policy.
- Ensure staff computers are synchronized with the server for data backup and all computers at the National Office adhere to “computer configuration checklist” document requirements
- Build the capacity of IT Assistants and IT Interns under him/ her, to a level that they can provide quality support services to the Customers
- A first degree in Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science, or in any related field
- At least three year’s working experience in a networking/telecommunications environment
- At least one Professional Certification in the following:
- Microsoft Certified Professional; Cisco (CCNA)
- ITIL Certification is a must.
- Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies (satellite/VSAT technology, wireless networks, HF and VHF
- Radio, microwave) and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
- Excellent working knowledge of Internet technologies, including: TCP/IP suite of protocols; Internet security; Internet routing; Voice over Internet Protocol)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
- Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office)
- Good working knowledge of Lotus Notes is an added advantage
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Must demonstrate a strong willingness to meet the customer’s needs while balancing the organization’s needs and priorities
- Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
- Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English
- Must be willing to uphold Christian Ethos.
The primary purpose of the position is to review and perform the audits of the World Vision Somalia office and projects, ensure the promotion of good stewardship of resources consistent with the purposes for which the funds are given.
- Ensure that the audit programs and work practices in the department are in compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA), the US Government Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAGAS) for US Government Funding and World Vision’s Financial Manual Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Advice management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies and all operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified.
- Review office financial systems and report on compliance with the WVI Financial Policies and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
- Develop audit plans for the WV office based on risk assessments.
- Conduct audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of organizational operations.
- Conduct compliance reviews of organization’s records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirements.
- Provide summaries of audit results and trends to management regularly and in subsequent audits determine that audit recommendations have been tracked and implemented by management.
- Conduct special reviews/investigations as may be requested.
- Assist on international and regional audit assignments as required.
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business. A graduate degree in Accounting or Management is preferred.
- Full accounting qualifications – ACCA, CPA or other internationally recognized accounting qualification.
- Must have prior auditing experience of at least 3 years in a recognized organization.
- Should have good communication and quantitative skills.
- Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & Vision. Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to work independently in remote areas.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, as well as negotiation skills.
- Must be willing to uphold Christian Ethos.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their detailed CV’s together with names and addresses of three referees to the address below.
All applications should be received by 15th June 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People and Culture Director
World Vision Somalia
P.O. Box 56527 – 00200, Nairobi, Kenya