Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: National Director
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position it to provide leadership and guidance to the Financial Management and Accounting Unit of the organization and ensuring that all financial resources that come into the organization are recorded, tracked, and accounted for and used in fulfillment of the core mission of the organization of building and renovating houses that ensure families live in decent houses and decent communities.
The position also initiates policies and procedures that ensure the effective and efficient use of financial and administrative resources.
Key functions of the position
- Manage the accounting functions: Directly manage the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of National Office’s financial transactions to ensure that transactions are recorded,in line with fund accounting policies, on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines
- Maintain a strong Internal Control environment.Promote a shared culture and ownership of maintaining strong internal controls throughout the organization. Directly manage the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of internal control processes that are in line with existing HFHI and National Officefinance policies and minimize loss of organization’s assets. Promote a culture of strong internal controls throughout the organization
- Financial Management:Produce and analyze timely and accurate “Actual vs. Budget” financial statements direct from the National Office’s financial database.Produce monthly management accounts and monitoring for performance and efficiency. Analyze National Office’s financial data on a monthly basis; track key indicators and timelines.Provide written or verbal analysis to stakeholders key management staff, the board and, the area office and HFHI as required
- Annual planning and budgeting:Work with local management to develop and finalize the annual plan and budget. Ensure that all required information is submitted to HFHI AME area office within deadlines and that questions, feedback, etc. are responded to in a timely manner.When finalized ensure that the annual plan and budget is accurately incorporated into the annual MOU between HFH Kenya and HFHI AME area office. Coordiate the board of director approval process of both the annual plan/budget as well as the MOU.
- Control and manage the assets of the National Organization:Develop, maintain and regularly update the physical assets of the organization through an appropriate asset tracking systems. Ensure that the assets of the organization are maintained safely and securely.
- Tax and compliance management and administration- Ensure that the organization at all times remains compliant to all relevant laws and regulations by constantly monitoring the legal and regulatory environment and ensuring adherence to the same.
- Payroll Administration- Oversee the outsourcing of the National Organization’s payroll ensuring timely and accurate payroll data is provided to vendor. Ensure that statutory deductions are remitted to government in a timely and consistent manner
- Cash Flow Management-Ensure that the National Organization is well resourced by monitoring organizational cash flow and submitting timely International Transfer requests to HFHI AOas needed and appropriate.
- Risk Management: Manage the operating environment to minimize risk for the potential loss of organizational resources and reputation. Advise the board of directors and management on corrective measures needed and success of previous actions taken. Support all internal and external audits ensuring the timely implementation of all audit recommendations.
- Fundraising and Grants Management: Prepare budgets for all concepts papers and proposals in cooperation with the Resource Development and Program departments. Track expenditure of all grants and projects and prepare timely financial reports for local management, as well as for donors, in agreed donor format.
- Procurement:Have managerial oversight over the procurement process in ensuring that all procurements for the organization meet the standard of prudence, cost, accountability and fairness.
Key Qualifications for the Position
- A master’s degree in commerce, business administration, economics, microfinance or social sciences.
- International accounting to CPA (K) or ACCA
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
- Seven to 10 years work experience in a busy microfinance/lending organization, private business or Non-Governmental Organization. At least 5 of those years should be at Finance Manager/Director level with responsibilities for managing the Finance function of the organization
- Well developed oral and written communication skills and financial analytical skills
- Willingness and ability to work long and odd hours, including weekends and nights when needed to “get the job done.”
- Experience and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Access).
- Demonstrated experience in use and maintenance of computerized Financial Accounting systems (preferably SUN).
Interested candidates should e-mail their CV’s and motivation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 30th July 2012 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.