Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Technician, Emergency Response
Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons to fill the position mentioned above, based in South Sudan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess existing water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion in remote areas and recommend actions to be taken in line with SPHERE standards, Medair guidelines and capacity.
- Implement WASH activities such as hand pump rehabilitation, construction of emergency water treatment systems and construction of emergency latrines.
- Train beneficiaries and local staff on maintenance and repair of water points and sanitation facilities
- Ensure the quality of construction of water supply and sanitation structures
- Provide input into the technical design and implementation of WASH activities, for both current activities and future interventions
- Conduct WASH assessments and interventions in response to emergencies throughout South Sudan, and ensure that they are completed in line with the Terms of Reference provided
- Writing assessment and intervention reports as well as weekly reports for project sites
- Liaise with local authorities as well as beneficiary representatives on the ongoing activities
- Act as Team Leader at field sites as requested
Skills and Attributes
- Degree in Water Technology, Hydrology, Civil Engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- At least two years working experience with water supply and sanitation in a developing country, especially in South Sudan
- Ability to work in and lead a team
- Fluent in Written and Spoken English
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong organization and planning skills with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail applications
If you meet these requirements, please send your application to:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Closing date for receiving applications is 16th July 2012
MEDAIR is a Christian humanitarian international NGO founded in 1988, with its HQ in Switzerland.
MEDAIR’s mission is to respond to human suffering in emergency and disaster situations by implementing multi-sectoral relief and rehabilitation projects, in a compassionate and serving attitude inspired by its Christian ethos.