The Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA), the umbrella body of private sector organizations in Kenya, has been tasked by the Government of Kenya with the implementation of Training and Internship component of the Kenya Youth Empowerment Project (KYEP).
KYEP is a World Bank funded project with an overall objective of increasing employability of youth in Kenya.
The component provides training, private sector internships and work experience to youth aged 15-29 years of age. KEPSA is seeking to appoint a Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant on a nonrenewable short term contract not exceeding four (4) months.
Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant (Ref M&E 004-2012)
Reporting to the KYEP project Director, the Monitoring & Evaluation Consultant will perform the following tasks:
(a) Main tasks and responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for coordinating all monitoring and evaluation activities and for their implementation to ensure focus and effectiveness of KYEP interventions as per the approved project documents and work plan.
(b) Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Consultant will be responsible for;
- Regularly updating the projects Results Framework in line with World Bank’s modalities;
- Regularly updating the program key performance indicators (inputs, outputs, outcomes) for monitoring the project;
- Monitoring of the MIS to ensure that data are regularly reported and entered into the MIS by the respective staff to effectively produce reports from the MIS data ;
- Ensuring efficient and regular monitoring reports to the Project Director, analyzing progress and performance as well as highlighting areas of concern;
- Management and oversight of cycle 2 Impact Evaluation activities; being in frequent and regular contact with the firm to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Supporting the Presentation and dissemination of monitoring and through workshops.
- Conducting monitoring visits during Trainings and Workplace experience to ensure the project is achieving its objectives
- Conducting internal evaluations of the Training and Internship programme to supplement external project evaluations;
- Monitoring implementation of complaint handling mechanism (CHM) framework for the project
- Document lessons learnt in the project in order to improve the project design as well future project implementation
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Project Director
(c) Qualifications and experience
The Consultant will have knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluating youth employment programs.
- Advanced university Degree in Business; Economics; Project Management; Statistics or related fields;
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience in project/program monitoring and evaluation, in addition to the operation of management information systems.
- Experience in conducting research and managing research projects. Experience with and Knowledge of Impact Evaluations would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with Swahili considered an asset;
- Good command of computer programs and applications with significant capabilities in computerized database and spreadsheet construction, as well as their practical application, and report writing;
- Immediate availability to take up the assignment is preferred.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their detailed CV along with a letter motivating their interest in the position to the following address so as to be received not later than Wednesday 25th July 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application to be unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within for (4) weeks of the closing date.
The Human Resources & Administration Officer
Kenya Private Sector Alliance
P O Box 3556 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Or E-mail: email@example.com