Title: Senior Policy Advisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Req # CPA041712
Futures Group is seeking a Senior Policy Advisor who will provide technical assistance and support to the Government of Kenya (GoK) national-level health sector agencies to support implementation of the new constitution.
The Senior Policy Advisor will conduct policy analysis, lead stakeholder consultation, assist the government in strategy and policy development, and will write and disseminate policy briefs.
Responsibilities require knowledge of health policy issues in Kenya and in East Africa.
The Senior Policy Advisor will report to the Program Director of the Health Policy Project’s Kenya field program.
Location for this position is Nairobi, Kenya.
No expatriate benefits are associated with this position.
- Provides assistance to the GoK in the development, implementation and monitoring of health policies at the national and sub-national levels.
- Prepares health policy analyses, recommendations, policy briefs, and assessments for client and government use.
- Facilitates stakeholder consultation and meetings at the national and sub-national levels.
- Support capacity building efforts for health ministry and other non-MOH actors to develop analytic and operational skills related to health policy and planning.
- Significant experience in health policy, policy analysis and policy communication in the context of Kenya and/or East Africa
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, public policy, political science, public administration, communication or a related technical degree.
- Experience: 7-8 years of experience required, with at least 3 years of experience in Kenya.
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page by 27 July 2012. Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.