FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach.
Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
Teacher Education and Professional Development (TEPD) program is an initiative of the Kenya Ministry of Education supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). TEPD aims to build capacity of teacher training colleges in Kenya.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position to be based in Nairobi.
HIV & AIDS Prevention Program Assistant
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Requisition ID: FHI360-HPPA-035
The job entails training tutors and providing technical support in aspects of integration of HIV&AIDS messages in the classroom processes; behaviour change promotion activities; outreach events; development of ICT-based HIV&AIDSIEC Materials for TTCs and teaching practice schools, and monitoring and evaluation..
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to Teacher Training Colleges and Teaching Practice Schools to mainstream and conduct successful outreach events and other HIV&AIDS behaviour change promotion activities including Community Health Week and “Say NO to HIV&AIDS Stigma” Advocacy Campaigns.
- Support the establishment and coordination of Youth Friendly Center Services in colleges including Peer Education, HIV Testing and Counselling services.
- Participate in documentation of HIV&AIDS prevention activities including success stories for publications.
- Review and ensure timely submission of quality monthly and quarterly reports from TTCs and teaching practice schools; reporting progress, accomplishments or potential setbacks to HIV&AIDS Prevention Program activities.
- Support other TEPD Program activities as may be required from time to time.
University degree in any of the following fields: Education, Social Work, Sociology, Community Health, Public Health, Counseling Psychology, or any other related field with a bias in education or experience in educational programmes with at least 3 years’ practical and progressive managerial experience in HIV&AIDS Prevention Programme targeting youth in a busy environment.
Experience working with USAID-funded PEPFAR Programs or other-donor funded projects will be desirable. Experience in Teacher Education will be an added advantage. Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite. Excellent writing, good organization and communication skills.
Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills with a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a heavy workload and multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a multi-cultural work environment. Good leadership skills with a supportive, consultative management style.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter where a detailed Job description will be available.
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements to be received not later than July 25, 2012.
Those who are not able to access the career center can apply via email to: Kenya-HR@fhi360.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.