SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited, a Christian based MFI regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
The main purpose for the job is to review company operations and controls, risk management processes and compliance with prescribed policies, procedures and regulations. The job involves extensive travel within Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the successful candidate will: -
- Coordinate and conduct the audit of receipts and payments, Continually monitor the effectiveness of internal control systems,
- Make follow-up of implementation of audit recommendations,
- Undertake surprise checks on sensitive areas in the Company, Conduct audit investigations,
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management processes, and
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Head of Internal Audit
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelors of Commerce degree in Accounting option, or Business Finance,
- Must have at least CPA III.
- Be aged between 25-35 years
- Applicants with experience in auditing banking or financial institutions and IT environments have a definite advantage but must have at least one year experience in auditing.
- Applicants must be committed Christians
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 20th July, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.