SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited, a Christian based MFI regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
The main purpose for the job is to develop and facilitate implementation of Company training strategy that will empower the human capital in the areas of duties.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of HR & Administration, the successful candidate will:
- Facilitate the process of conducting employee training needs assessment in consultation with Departmental/Sectional managers and provide effective solutions to identified needs.
- Prepare comprehensive annual training and development plan and budget.
- Ensure timely payment of industrial training levy and reimbursement Coordinate implementation of established technical and professional courses provided by training institutions.
- Prepare and coordinate induction training programs for new staff.
- Training of staff and SMEP DTM customers on various financial and non financial topics.
- Coordinate implementation of in-house training activities and support in basic competency development of employees based on identified strategic competency requirements of the Company.
- Identify training institutions, and put in place necessary collaborative mechanisms for the provision of strategic interventions unique to the education, training and development needs of the Company.
- Monitor effectiveness of in-house and external training (Instructor service providers) by carrying out post training performance evaluation programmes to assess impact on employee operations.
- Develop Company training manuals, multi-media visual aids and other educational materials for use.
- Organize Company appraisals linking performance to agreed scheduled targets.
- Provide career counseling for staff.
- Develop and maintain a skills inventory database and prepare periodic training reports for the Company Perform any other function as may be directed by management from time to time.
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Post graduate
- Diploma in HR/Finance/Banking/Microfinance development
- Knowledge in management and Training of Trainers certificate
- 3 years hands on curriculum development and implementation of competency based training programs in a busy environment
- Be aged between 30-40 years
- Applicants must be committed Christians
Other key skills:
Demonstrated leadership ability, high integrity, good counseling, analytical and communication skills, assertiveness, independence and ICT skills.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 20th July, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.