SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited, a Christian based MFI regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
The purpose of the job is to provide support in legal department in fast tracking the legal services required by the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Legal Officer, the successful candidate will:
- The clerk shall perform all legal support related duties in the legal department
- Registration of chattels at the company’s registry
- Registration of motor vehicles at KRA which includes change of ownership of motor vehicles from debtors to the company’s name (Smep DTM Ltd)
- Attending court registry as required Registration of leases and charges at the lands registry in Nairobi and elsewhere
- Be involved in debt collection and related matters where appropriate
- Keeping records of cases and other matters within the department Daily, monthly or weekly reports as required
- Assist in franking of chattels mortgage documents Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications and competencies
- Diploma in Law, Legal Studies Must have a valid court process server certificate
- Experience in lending/credit or banking will be an added advantage
- At least three (3) years working experience particularly in conveyance matters
- Must be computer have proficiency
- Be aged between 25-35 years
- Applicants must be committed Christians
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, 20th July, 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.