Position: Data Clerk
Contract duration: One Month
Duty Station: Nairobi
Starting Date: Immediately
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world wide and to accompany them in building a better future.
ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its head quarters in Paris, France.
ACTED Kenya is looking for an experienced self driven and a self oriented professional to fill the post of data clerk for one month.
The Data Clerk is accountable to the Data Management Officer under the responsibility of the AMEU Manager and her/his specific duties will include:
- Ensure that all questionnaires are entered accurately and full records are kept up to date;
- Ensure data is entered accurately and timely – meet the daily allocated targets;
- Work Closely with DMO to ensure that the data quality protocols are adhered to;
- Ensuring that data entered reflects the paper questionnaires, and is comprehensive and complete;
- Assist quality checking of data entered for consistency, completeness and any other errors;
- Ensure that data security measures are adhered to, to protect data and beneficiaries confidentiality;
- Assist the Data Management Officer in achieving activity results and targets.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the direct supervisor
- A diploma in IT with advanced computer skills.
- Strong typing and data entry skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, meet deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail
- English & Kiswahili fluency are minimum requirements.
All interested persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, three referees and contacts to nairobi.jobs @acted.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 8 March 2011.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer