Applications are invited for the following position:-
Front Office Manager (1)
The Front Office Manager will work under direct supervision of the Rooms Division Manager with a job purpose of maintaining effective and professional front office operations for the Hotel.
- Supervising the work of the receptionists and night auditor
- Work hand in hand with Housekeeping to ensure smooth check-in and checkout operations
- Responsible for room blocking for all arriving VIP’s and groups
- Maintaining regular contact with frequent guests and VIP’S
- Counter checking room rates to ensure they are correct
- Handling and resolving guests complains
- Collaborate with the reservations office to ensure smooth flow of bookings
- Maintain strong communication with all operational departments as well as Sales/Conference & Banqueting
- Welcome and escort VIP’s and regular guests,
- In charge of Scheduling and controlling staffing levels at the front office
- Liaise with finance department to ensure proper and correct invoicing of accommodation bills
- Hold front office briefings at the beginning of every shift
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
Qualifications and key competences
- A bachelors degree in hospitality, tourism or business management
- Two years’ working experience as front office supervisor or manager
- Good Communication, team working, administrative and organizational skills.
- Flexible, trustworthy and ability to work professionally without supervision.
- Knowledge of Opera (hotel reservations system) is an added advantage
Please submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email address on or before Friday 20th July 2012,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.