Applications are invited for the following position:-
Rooms Division Manager (1)
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Rooms Division Manager ensures that the Hotel’s everyday room’s activities run smoothly.
The candidate will set parameters to maintain and establish costs and quality standards.
Ensure efficiency and effectiveness in all operating areas in the rooms division.
Accordingly, the Rooms Division Manager will be responsible for overseeing the work of the management leaders in the areas of front office, housekeeping and transport.
- Supervise front office and housekeeping operations as well as the work of the assigned staff, including hiring, training, evaluating performance and scheduling work.
- Monitor all front office financial operations, including group billing, verifying rates/discounts, daily sales reconciliation, petty cash and rooms inventory controls.
- Formulate budgets and prepare monthly revenue/expense forecasts.
- Maintain customer service/satisfaction standards; handle customer service issues
- Be responsible for fire and safety compliance.
- Work closely hand in hand with the Sales & Marketing department to improve rooms revenue
- Perform daily rooms and property inspections.
- Perform any other related duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and key competences
- A bachelors degree in hospitality, tourism or business management
- Four years working experience in a related hotel department
- Good communication, team working, customer care, administrative and organizational skills, flexibly, trustworthy and ability to work professionally without supervision.
- Knowledge of Opera Express and Materials Control (Hotel systems) is an added advantage
Please submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email address on or before Friday 20th July 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.