Twenty years of war in South Sudan has had adverse effects on the levels of investment in education and subsequently led to brain drain and low levels of available skilled staff in the country.
There is a significant disparity in the supply of skilled, educated talent with demand increasing as the number of employers rise. Consequently, there is high competition for the limited talent leading to high staff turnover which impacts on programme quality and sustainability for most employers in the development sector.
Oxfam intends to lead on a Capacity Building initiative for its national South Sudanese staff; and to partner with other institutions/ organisations to design and implement talent development initiatives, to build on the existing national South Sudanese talent pool.
We are seeking a qualified institution or individual to design the two components (mentioned above) of the Capacity Building Programme in consultation with relevant stakeholders in Oxfam and South Sudan in general.
The entire project will comprise two phases, highlighted below:
Design of the two Capacity Building Programmes: - (Oxfam National Staff Capacity development plan and the integrated national staff talent development programme).
Implementation of the designed capacity building strategies and plans, through diverse interventions that will stem from the project design in phase 1.
1. Oxfam national staff development strategy and implementation plan
2. Integrated national South Sudanese capacity building plan (in collaboration with other institutions and organisations)
The Consultant will have:
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing similar human resource capacity building programmes
- A good understanding of capacity building needs and challenges in similar complex contexts;
- Experience of designing medium to long term human resource development programmes that cut across organisations/stakeholders
- An appreciation of humanitarian and development programming
- Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders at different levels
- Strong project management experience
- Previous experience of developing and implementing capacity building programmes in South Sudan would be an added advantage
Requirements for submitting proposals:
- An updated CV or institution’s profile indicating previous relevant experience
- A proposal detailing the proposed methodology, time frames and budget for both phases
- At least two references for similar assignments
This is a highly challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated consultant(s), with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs.
Interested consultants should get the full terms of reference for the assignment from www.oxfam.org.uk using INT 5560 and submit their proposals and attachments online or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is: 21st July 2012.