Senior Director of Medicine
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit organization based in the U.S that provides HIV prevention, treatment and care through collaborations with the National governments, partner institutions and civil society to people living with HIV and AIDS.
AHF delivers these services Globally through Bureau offices in each continent that coordinate the programs within each Bureau.
The Africa Bureau operates programs in 9 countries including Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone; Zambia, Swaziland and South Africa.
The Africa Bureau Secretariat wishes to recruit a dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individual to fill ¡n the post of Senior Director of Medicine.
Location: Kampala, Uganda
This individual will be responsible for identification, development and articulation of the vision, strategic direction and growth of the department of Medicine in the Bureau as well as its specialties, and will collaborate on the implementation of strategies to achieve desired results within all Bureau Programs.
Core Duties & Responsibilities include the following.
Quality medical services provision
- Leads the evaluation, planning and implementation of clinical programs and services, expansion projects ensuring appropriate resources are evaluated and allocated for the delivery of patient care.
- Implements and ensures the adoption guidelines, protocols and promotes the evidence based medicine, quality and clinical practice.
- Provides advice to senior individual clinical facilities by the effects of decisions and care provided to patients.
- Ensures that the staff of the department provide services that are in compliance with all applicable standards and requirements of the individual programs as well as general medical practice other applicable regulatory bodies
- Promotes and encourages operational research in the of clinical adoption of efficiency of leadership of AHF and providing input related to changes to the quality of country and all department
- Evaluates new procedures and technologies and makes recommendations to the Global Executive and Medical Executive Committees
Leadership and management
- Provides leadership and direction for the development of strategies to promote recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellent medical staff, and collaborates with the Section Heads to execute those strategies
- Reviews clinical staff performance to ensure quality of care and efficient use of resources
- Leads the performance review of the medical directors in the department to ensure quality of care and efficient use of resources; ensures that the review is completed in a timely manner, and in compliance with HR guidelines.
- Creates an environment and culture of excellence in service, patient care, innovation, education, quality and team work.
- Guides and supports the professional development of the department’s physicians and allied health staff, and makes recommendations for training or work modification to include orientation, professional development, and continuing education needs
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree ¡n Internal Medicine and Surgery and Post graduate Master’s Degree in Internal Medicine, Infectious diseases, Public Health or equivalent
- Must have at least 10 years of HIV/AIDS clinical experience
- Managerial skills and a minimum of 7 years of leadership experience; medical administration and medical staff supervisory experience is required ‘ Research and Organizational Development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of international work experience preferred
Interested candidates should submit their C.Vs and copies of their academic qualifications to the following email address not later than 31st July 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted