The Council aims to address four key issues that characterize trade facilitation in Kenya and the region:-
· High and uncompetitive transport and logistics costs despite the global demands for rapid and timely delivery of goods.
· The lack of a unified voice of the shippers and the enormous gains that can be achieved.
· Recognition that trade liberalization and regional integration can only be realized if trade facilitation logistics and related challenges are effectively addressed.
· Integrity and reliability of supply chain systems and cargo interventions.
The Council is in the process of developing best practices in transport and logistics and becoming a one-stop centre for all documentation on trade policies, regulations and procedures. In this line, the KSC is calling for submission of proposals to provide the following services:
1. Develop a Logistics Performance Survey Index (LPI) for the East African Region
2. Analyze the Economic benefits of implementing the Maritime Regulations of the Merchant Shipping Act of 2009
3. Provision of IT equipment
4. Develop a Membership Recruitment and Retention Strategy for Kenya Shippers Council
5. Short Term Public Relations Consultancy Services
6. Research Assistants
For more information and guidelines on each of the above consultancies,visit
Proposals that do not have all three requisite components will not be considered. Deadline for all
submissions is Wednesday 31st August 2011 by 12.00 noon.
For any enquiries about this notice, you can reach The Kenya Shippers’ Council (KSC) Secretariat on:
Adress: P.O. Box 1291-00600 Nairobi
Location: 9 The Crescent, off Parklands Road, Westlands
Tel: 020-268 4 799/801, 374 5456, 0733 888 540
For latest jobs in Kenya and Kenyan Jobs always visit http://kenyajobtube.blogspot.com/