Role Profile: Senior Consultant, Corporate and Capital Markets Communications
- Direct key CCM accounts effectively and profitably:
o build and develop strong relationships at Director level within client organisation;
o ensure timely delivery of high quality work in line with budgets;
o Manage teams (including cross border).
- Lead on reputation management mandates and provide strategic advisory and counsel to clients and the company in sensitive, complex and crisis situations.
- Design and deliver effective internal and external communications strategies, based on thorough research and analysis, to address critical business issues and drive sustainable growth in client organisations.
- Design and deliver effective change leadership and employee engagement programmes for clients implementing major change initiatives, including organisational re-designs and technical business programmes.
- Direct financial sector accounts, notably in the PE sector, and build local IR capability, under the guidance of our Group IR team.
- Oversee production of key strategic client documents (advisory/briefing notes; speeches, op-eds, reports and presentations).
- Maintain quality control on all client-facing materials, ensure timely billing on accounts, track productivity of team and profitability of accounts and manage M&E on client work.
- Lead CCM business development in Kenya - develop and execute a focused CCM strategy in line with the Group strategy and manage the new business pipeline.
- Lead new CCM business pitches, manage production of proposals, tenders and pitch presentations.
- Support marketing initiatives to generate new business leads.
- Network to develop prospect list.
- Manage a team of consultants and associate consultants, provide direction and objectives, assess individual performance of direct reports and oversee career development paths.
- Identify training needs and provide support and training to team members by providing coaching on best practice in client service and account management.
- Drive innovation and the sharing of best practices by contributing to improving our tools, methodologies, systems and processes.
- Contribute to employee engagement and motivation.
- Proven track record (8-10 years’ experience) designing and delivering strategic communications for blue chip clients.
- Strong consulting and crisis communications skills, robust project management skills, disciplined analytical thinking and effective management and team working style.
- Strong business development skills and ability to manage a sales pipeline in line with targets.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Capability to build and manage complex and sensitive stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a fast paced, dynamic working environment.
- Masters or MBA degree from respected institution.
- French language skills an advantage.
Please send your CV and remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 14th June 2012 at 5.00 pm.
Please indicate in the subject matter what position you are applying for.